Sriracha Bacon Cheeseburgers
Susan again, and trust me, you are going to be so glad that it is my turn to post again. This recipe is fabulous! Feel free to leave the cheese off of the top – you will still have one of the best burgers you have ever put into your mouth!
What I liked: The taste is phenomenal! I am not a huge fan of Sriracha sauce (my husband puts it on everything), but the amount used it the burgers is perfect! The burgers are a little sweet with just a touch of heat.
What I did not like: Technically, Sriracha sauce is not paleo or primal because it does have a tinge of sugar in it. I still think it is worth it. Soy Sauce contains trace amounts of wheat, so we used Coconut Aminos instead.
Here is the recipe. I found it at http://dandydishes.blogspot.com/2011/06/sriracha-bacon-cheeseburgers.html#.T3M27DFtobg
Ingredients for Four Burgers:
– 1.5 pounds of ground chuck (organic if you choose). I used a one pound package of beef so my burgers came out a bit smaller than the recipe called for.
– 1 ½ Tablespoons of Sriracha hot sauce, found in the ethnic section of most grocery stores.
– 1 ½ Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce (I used Coconut Aminos)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
– 2 strips of bacon per burger – fried and drained of excess fat
– 4 slices cheese if desired, 1 per burger
1.)Mix Sriracha Sauce, Coconut Aminos, and ground chuck together
2.)Sprinkle the top of each burger with salt and pepper and then lightly drizzle them with olive oil.
3.)Cook on the grill (We used the George Foreman Grill and it worked great) or in a skilled until fully cooked.
4.)Top with bacon and cheese if desired.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Let me know what you think!