Asian Broccoli Slaw
Susan again and this time I have disappointing news… The Asian Broccoli Slaw was not fabulous. It wasn’t horrible, but I’m sure not going to find myself one day thinking ‘Man, what would really hit the spot right now is some more of that Asian Broccoli Slaw!’ Just not going to happen. Thankfully, you have us to test these recipes for you! Aren’t you lucky!
What I liked: It is beautiful. It really is. The colors are amazing.
What I did not like: The taste was boring. Even with the red pepper flakes and minced ginger. Maybe it would be better if you doubled the dressing recipe? I would give that a try if I make this again.
Here is the recipe. I found it at http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2011/12/asian-broccoli-slaw/
Ingredients for the Slaw:
– ½ Head Red Cabbage (finely sliced)
– 4 Cups Broccoli (grated in the food processor)
– 2 Green Onions
Ingredients for the Sesame Ginger Dressing:
– ½ Tablespoon garlic, minced
– ½ Tablespoon ginger, minced
– 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
– 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
– 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
– ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
– ½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes