It isn’t that this dish was bad, it was just that nobody wanted to eat it.
For me, it is the idea of ground meat for breakfast – I just can’t do it.
The recipe is from the Whole 30 Guide and let me say that they have a lot of good things in there – a lot. This just didn’t happen to be one for me.
– 2 lbs ground turkey or ground chicken
– 2 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and grated
– 1 sweet onion, diced
– 1 zucchini or summer squash, diced
– Jamaican All Spice (I used 1 ½ teaspoons)
– Cinnamon (I used 1 teaspoon)
– Cooking fat of choice
Add spices to oil, heat 2 min, add chicken, when almost browned, add the rest. Cover, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.