Okay, I know that there might be one, or maybe (probably not) two, better salads out there in the universe, but trust me on this one. Give it a try. I have had it twice in three days and I am going back to the store to get another avocado so I can have it again. Really.
What I liked: Usually I hate salads. Boring! But this mix of creamy, crunchy, savory, and sweet has me totally hooked. It was easy and did not use the traditional paleo oil and vinegar dressing (I am so, so, sick of that).
I found the recipe on Pinterest and then followed it to this site. I am going to check out several other recipes from www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com
Ingredients for Salad (serves 2):
– 2 cups of baby spinach
– 1/3 pound prosciutto
– 1 cantaloupe
– 1 avocado
– ¼ cup diced red onion
– Handful of raw, unsalted walnuts (I did not have these, but I did have raw pecans, so I tossed those in!)
– Place a cup of spinach on each plate
– Top with diced prosciutto, cubes or balls of melon, slices of avocado, a sprinkling of red onion and a few nuts
– Serve with a drizzling of Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette
Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette:
– 4 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
– Juice of half a lemon
– 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
– 2 teaspoons balsalmic vinegar
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!