I know, I know. It has been done a thousand times before. But not by me. I was hesitant to try this one, but I am glad I did. Is it just like pizza? No. Is it pretty damn good? Yes. I bet it would freeze well too, but we ate all ours, so that is an experiment for another time. Once again, this recipe has cheese (a lot of cheese), so it is primal, not paleo… hmmm… maybe we should have been the primal sisters? We don’t always eat a lot of cheese, but every once in a while, it hits the spot.
– 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I only had Colby jack in the fridge, so I used that)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tsp dried oregan0
– ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
– ½ teaspoon garlic salt
– Olive oil (optional)
– Pizza sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings. (Some topping may need to be precooked because the competed pizza is only in the oven long enough to melt the cheese)
– To ‘rice’ the cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves. Chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not puree it. Place 1 cup of the riced cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 6 to 8 minutes.
– Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray, or do yourself a favor and use parchment paper.
– Mix cauliflower, egg, mozzarella, oregano, crushed garlic, and garlic salt. Put it on a cookie sheet and pat it out into an ~ 9 inch round. Brush olive oil over top to help with browning.
– Bake for 15 minutes.
– Pull it out of the oven and top with whatever your little heart desires. I used pizza sauce, Vidalia onions, red peppers, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil.
– Place under a broiler until cheese has melted. Enjoy!