I’m back! The Holidays are over, the kids are back in school, I am back in the kitchen, and back on Whole 30! Here is what we had for dinner last night – very easy, very good, and the leftovers will freeze for another day!
I got this recipe from a neat website – a ‘whole’ family does Whole 30-http://wholefamilystrong.com/2012/01/22/whole-mexican-family-stuffed-poblano-peppers/
Ingredients for the Chorizo Stuffed Peppers
– 5 poblano peppers ( I could not find these, so I used some random kind of pepper I found at the store. I think just regular bell peppers would be great too.)
– ½ pound chorizo sausage
– 1 large onion, thinly sliced
– 1 large tomato, diced
Instructions for Stuffed Peppers:
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees
– Brown the chorizo, onion and tomato in a skillet until meat is cooked through.
– Wash and open peppers – remove ribs and seeds
– Fill the peppers with the chorizo mixture
– Place peppers on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until peppers are soft and tender.
Ingredients for the Spanish ‘Frice’
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– Half can of small tomato sauce
– ½ Tbsp onion powder
– ½ Tbsp garlic powder
– 1 Tbsp minced garlic
– ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
Instructions for ’Frice’:
– Chop cauliflower into florets and then pulse in a food processor until it looks like rice or couscous consistency
– Sauté cauliflower in skillet with hot olive oil
– Add tomato sauce and spices (Really, I think any Spanish or Mexican spices you have on hand would work for this recipe.)
– Serve and enjoy!