I am sick of eggs for breakfast – just sick of them. I don’t care if I never see an egg again, well, at least for a week or so. I saw this recipe, and at first I was a tad suspicious. I have never really baked with almond flour before, but I have to say that I am impressed. These muffins are not beautiful, but they are very yummy. Breakfast is saved!
I found this recipe at a cool website called Paleo Plan – it was posted on a Facebook Whole 30 Group page.
– 2 cups almond flour
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 Tbs cinnamon
– 1 cup dates, pitted
– 3 ripe bananas
– 3 eggs
– 1tsp apple cider vinegar
– ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
– ¾ cup walnuts (or nuts of choice) finely chopped
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Line muffin pan with paper liners
– In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
– In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, and oil
– Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in large bowl and combine thoroughly.
– Fold in carrots and nuts
– Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins (At this point, I was worried that the muffins might overflow and burn in the bottom of my oven – they didn’t, so feel free to go ahead and fill the muffin cups up to close to the top. You don’t have to stop at 2/3s full like you would for regular muffins.)
– Bake for 25 minutes
– Try to let them cool before you eat one!