This was pretty darn good if I do have to say so myself. It tastes great the day you make it and it freezes really well for later. Try it and see what you think!
Here is where I found the recipe. This site has some really nice meals.
– 3 pounds of chicken breasts
– 3 TBSP oil of your choice
– 2 – 3 TSP fajita or taco seasonings
– 1 large onion, diced
– 6 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-2 poblano peppers, diced
– 8 cups chicken stock
– 1 28-oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
– Juice of 2 limes
– 1 cup cilantro, chopped (I left that out – a little cilantro goes a long way for me)
– Avocado and fresh cilantro for dressing if you choose!
– Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a large baking pan and our one TBSP of oil over them, coating well. Sprinkle your fajita seasoning over the chicken and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 to 45 minutes until cooked through. Shred the chicken with two forks, or just chop it up into small pieces.
– Meanwhile, in a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 TBSP oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent – about 4-6 minutes.
– Add the garlic and peppers and sauté for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrent.
– Pour in the chicken stock and fire roasted tomatoes and bring to a boil.
– Add chicken, cilantro, and lime juice. Taste it to see what you need to add more of (I added quite a bit more fajita seasoning, but we like it spicy at my house.)
– Serve with fresh avocado and cilantro!