This was so good that I actually licked my plate when I was finished. Seriously.
I found this great recipe at one of my favorite websites: http://www.health-bent.com/poultry/paleo-orange-chicken
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (I used breast but feel free to use thighs)
– 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
– Juice of 2 oranges (make sure they really smell good or you won’t get a big orange flavor)
– Zest from one orange
– 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (I grated it)
– 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos or wheat-free soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
– 3 green onions, chopped
– In a medium size sauce pot, add the orange juice, zest, ginger, coconut aminos, and Sriracha. Set over medium heat and let simmer to reduce and thicken while the chicken cook. (Mine never got that thick – but honestly, it was so good, I did not care)
– In a sauté pan, heat your coconut oil over medium heat and add the cut up chicken (I just used my kitchen shears and cut the chicken into bits right over the pan). Saute until a nice brown crust has developed and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
– Add chicken to the sauce pot and stir till chicken is coated in sauce.
– Serve with chopped green onions sprinkled on top.
– Enjoy! (We enjoyed this with a side of veggies with some more of the orange sauce drizzled on it – fabulous!)