I had this for lunch today and I am having it again for dinner tonight. It is crazy good! Even if you do not make the whole recipe, do yourself a favor and make the dressing for veggie dip. Honestly, this one is a keeper.
I got the recipe from a neat website called Against All Grain.
I modified the recipe a bit – my grocery store was out of jicama and Napa cabbage so I bought an Asian cabbage mix. I made the dressing in my food processor because my blender just was not up to mixing almond butter into anything.
Ingredients for Dressing
(Go ahead and double this – trust me….)
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
– 1 Tablespoon creamy almond butter
– 1 ½ Tablespoons lime juice
– ½ Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
– ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– ½ Tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
– 1 Tablespoon coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon honey
– ½ teaspoon sesame oil
– ¼ teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
– ¼ cup oil. The original recipe called for safflower oil, but I only had light olive oil. It worked fine.
Ingredients for the Salad
– 1 cup cooked chicken – shredded
– – a big handful of cabbage mix – or chop up some Napa cabbage, carrots, and jicama
– 1 cup sugar snap peas
– 1 mango, peeled and sliced
– ½ cucumber, sliced thinly
– 2 Tablespoons chopped almonds and hazelnuts (optional)
– Fresh cilantro for garnish.
– Mix all dressing ingredients, except for the final ¼ cup oil, in a food processor or powerful blender. Once ingredients are mixed well, slowly add the oil and blend till smooth.
– Plate up your cabbage mix, mango, snap peas, cucumber, and chicken.
– Drizzle about ¼ a cup of dressing over the salad. Garnish with nuts and/or cilantro if you want!