Sooo – are these the best things you have ever put in your mouth? No, not quite. They are not the best thing since sliced bread, but they will do fine in a pinch (especially if you put a lot of paleo mayo on them). Seriously, if you are craving a sandwich, or you want to up your veggie intake (especially in the morning), then these are for you! Give them a try and see what you think.
I found this recipe posted on a Whole 30 FB page. Here is the website:
– 2 cups grated (go ahead and use the food processor for this one – process until the cauliflower looks like couscous) cauliflower
– 2 eggs
– 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
– Salt and pepper to taste (And any other spices you want – really, the more the better. I am thinking of doing some with Italian spices for a faux – Focaccia)
– Preheat oven to 450 degrees
– Whisk everything together
– Place in ¼ cup mounds on parchment lined baking sheet (this really helped keep everything from sticking)
– Pat the mounds down with your fingers to sandwich thin size – maybe ¼ of an inch thick.
– Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another five
– Slather with some paleo mayo – top with something yummy – ham, chicken breast, burgers, breakfast sandwiches, whatever floats your boat!